Originally written April 26th
We got the information about the kids yesterday.
Here’s what we were expecting: Detailed health records, a general feel for each child’s personality, a description of their circumstances that landed them in the orphanage, what kind of school they’re currently going to, any behavioral issues, etc.
Here’s what we got for each of those things:
- Detailed health records- We got such minimal health records that the International Adoption Clinic at the local Children’s Hospital did not charge us their typical fee for reviewing adoption papers. We know their height and weight and that they have no major medical issues and that’s about it.
- A general feel for each child’s personality- Their personalities were described as “Sweet and adorable” and “attractive and beautiful.” Not kidding.
- A description of their circumstances that landed them in the orphanage- They are half siblings who share the same mom. The paperwork asked how their dads died. The answer was “They are dead.”
- What kind of school they’re currently going to- no information
- Any behavioral issues- no information
So we know very little about these kids. We were really expecting much more information and were a little let down to not find anything else out. We did learn their names, which I can’t share online yet, but ask me if you see me.
Today, the day after we got this “information”, we told them we want these kids.
WE’RE ADOPTING THESE KIDS!