Today, my beloved turns 30 years old.
Who would have thought that Columbia’s best beer pong team would now be married with a baby and an adoption in process? Hard to believe how much has changed in the 8.5 years we’ve been together.
Hubby, in honor of this big day, here are 30 things I love about you (in no particular order):
- That you watch Backyardigans and then sing their songs all day.
- That you can’t stand a mess, even though that means sometimes you put things away when I’m in the middle of using them.
- Your heart for the less fortunate.
- That you love running and get noticeably grumpy if it’s been awhile.
- Your impulse buying. Actually I don’t really love this, but I think it is cute.
- That you sometimes take five showers a day.
- That you like to be outside and active.
- That you let me be me, big ideas and all.
- Going back to Mizzou with you and hearing you tell me all your stories as if I wasn’t there with you.
- The way you can’t stand to lose, even if it’s in a cannonball contest with an 8-year-old.
- That when you win something, you tell me about it for three days afterwards.
- The way you’ve picked up handyman skills over the past few years- you’ve come a long ways, baby.
- The way you love your extended family.
- Your handstand, hula-hoop, and kip skills.
- That you cry when you read books.
- That you like to cook and are really good at it!
- Sitting on the back porch with you, talking about plans and dreaming about the future.
- Your strong arms and chicken legs (he doesn’t actually have chicken legs, but when I tease him about this he spends the next month trying to convince me they’re not and it’s hilarious)
- Traveling with you- can’t wait to go to Africa (someday, it WILL happen)!
- The way you get really into things. If only I could figure out how to channel this towards doing yoga with me instead of Eminem and Breaking Bad.
- Your financial smarts and budget building skills.
- Your hearty laugh.
- Seeing you dance and rock out to teenage girl music. No other 30-year-old man loves Katy Perry and Carly Rae the way that you do.
- How you love your blue striped polo shirt and would wear it every day if I let you.
- Your ability to see the good in people.
- The sacrifices you make for our family. Someday we will rent Boulevard for a party, you can buy that bike, and we will enjoy a lazy beach vacation!
- The way you take care of me.
- The way that you will do anything for those you love.
- The way you love all animals and will coax an ant outside instead of killing it.
- How much you love little Mac and what a good Daddy you are!
I’m so lucky to be married to you. I know you have a hard time with getting older, but we have so much to be thankful for. 30 years! Can’t wait to see what the next 30 years hold for us!