I have all these adoption/transition related posts ready to go, but tonight was one of those nights I just had to share.
Someone really screwed up when they decided we would have four kids. Right now we only have one and this happened:
- Got home. Need to leave again in 20 minutes when the husband arrives home to watch Wiggles, so try to quickly unload car.
- While unloading car, catch my nearly-2-year-old putting his tee ball in the litter box. Put a stop to it.
- Decide to quickly walk dogs and kid, get dog leashes ready
- While doing so both dogs, who have lots of energy from being cooped up all day, run outside and down the street
- Dash my 38.5 weeks pregnant self down the street after the dogs
- Remember that my nearly-2-year-old is playing in the open garage and putting things in litter box
- Pray he doesn’t eat cat poop or run into the street
- Chase dogs some more
- Capture dogs
- Pray more, kid is totally out of sight
- Bring dogs back to house. Kid is safe and poop free as far as I can tell.
- Tell kid it’s time to go for a walk. He runs over, trips, and his body does the worm. His lip starts bleeding.
- Scoop up kid, decide it’s a minor injury, deliver kisses
- Dog yangs on leash, I drop it
- Dog runs out into street
- Retrieve dog, which requires bending my very round self over while holding a still-crying kid and keeping the other dog safe
- Go inside, dogs still on leashes and getting tangled, to clean up the blood
- Clean up blood
- Discover dog poop on floor
Then the husband got home, we went on a quick walk, and I headed off to the Melting Pot to catch up with an old friend. All’s well. But seriously? This times 4? Lord have mercy.