What a busy spring we’ve had! Between The Baby’s birthday, Wiggle’s birthday, our adoption anniversary, and our Tuner dying I’ve almost forgotten the blog is supposed to be on a break. Alas, after today things should return to the normal humdrum of life. But first can we talk about Miss Diva! The girl is seven today!
I don’t think a sweeter girl has ever been made. But that wasn’t always the case! Diva, after meeting you for the first time we sure were worried. Daddy was convinced you’d need therapy for life. We thought you were so hateful and rude, but now we know you were just scared. In fact, now when we ask you why you were so mean back then, you just shrug and say “Because I don’t know you” as if it’s the most obvious answer in the world. That thought both makes me smile (at your spunk) and cry (that you had to go through such a scary time). In any case, I don’t even remember a time in your whole sixth year when you were hateful and rude. I do remember…
- How we watched Fuller House together every week while I did your hair. And how I finally got good at doing your hair!
- Your inability to feel pain. Seriously, I think you are missing some nerves. I know you’re not because the other day you got stung by a wasp and you were not very happy about that, but every time we go to the doctor you offer up your arm even if you’re not scheduled for shots, and every time a tooth is the slightest bit wiggly you follow Daddy around with a pair of pliers until you finally convince him to pull it out.
- How you always, ALWAYS share with others. I can’t get over your generosity; it often makes me think of how selfish I am! Even if you’ve been looking forward to getting something for a whole week, you’ll give it away to someone else. Without hesitation.
- When you got $15 cash for your birthday on Saturday you planned to give every last penny to the church on Sunday. But you forgot the $5 and decided to buy an Elsa crown instead.
- Your crazy crazy laugh.
- You’re my best little helper. I don’t even know how to roll enchiladas or stuff pasta shells anymore because I haven’t done it for two years.
- You USED to be my best baby-sitter, but the other day you were in charge of watching Wiggles and The Baby while I took a shower. I noticed the room was suspiciously quiet so got out early and found you playing outside with the kids. You were so upset that I was so upset that you cried hysterically (seriously, we could hear you everywhere in the house) under your bed for an hour. No more babysitting for you.
- Did I mention that you’re super sensitive and that I both love and hate this about you?
- My sister and one of my best friends recently had babies. You LOVE babies and would hold them all day if you could. Every time we leave you tell me about how you can’t wait to be a mom. Then later, you see me stressed out about something…you rub my back and tell me you can wait to be a mom because being a mom is such hard work.
- Last year we went to Worlds of Fun. You have to be 48″ to ride most of the thrill rides. You were about 47.5″ and refused to stretch the truth to go on the rides. I don’t know who is more excited about going this year, you or Daddy! He’s been waiting for a roller coaster riding partner for 10 years now.
- Smiles started play therapy recently and sometimes you go with me when I take him. You know there are Barbies and dress up clothes back there and you get SO mad that you don’t get to go to therapy too. You literally beg me to go.
- You really have very few faults, but the two major ones you can’t shake are your extreme messiness/forgetfulness and your inability to tell a short story in less than 25 minutes.
- You really like to be thought of as a girly girl and get offended if anyone thinks you’re a tomboy, but you still come home with holes in the knees of all your leggings.
- You like all foods. I literally can’t think of anything you don’t like. This is such an extreme opposite of how I was at your age. You like weird combinations too, you often make yourself things like a chicken peanut butter pasta pickle mustard sandwich.
But why should I keep talking? Let’s see what you had to say:
What is your favorite color?
What is your favorite thing to do?
Eat ice cream with my family and I really like to go to Oceans of Fun.
What is your favorite song?
What are you most proud of?
I’m really proud I’m level H (in reading) because I moved up a level and I’m almost catched up with my class.
What is your favorite food?
What is your least favorite food?
I can’t think of anything I don’t like.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
An artist. I love artists and I want to paint and be just like (my art teacher).
What do you want to do when you’re seven?
Get ice cream with my family.
Who is your hero?
My family because they always help me. Except The Baby because she screams at me and is rude.
What is your favorite game?
Who is your best friend?
Jenna and Haley and Corbin and Winston
What’s your favorite subject in school?
If you could do anything all day, what would you do?
What’s your birthday wish?
That I could spend all day with my family and also that no one is poor. I love making clothes and being an artist and if I see a poor person being outside I want to bring them to my house and make clothes for them.
Happy birthday sweet girl. You are such a blessing to this family, thanks for making us all nicer!